El Bandito (Trashy Grindhouse Rock)

frank1985

What’s up fine gents of the MP3 mixing clinic, here’s a rock track for you, inspired by the old low budget grindhouse flicks of the spaghetti western genre, with a slight modern twist. Feedback welcome.

REVISED

EL BANDITO

Last edited:
You've got everything sitting in a nice space. Composition-wise the track just kind of meanders along. It's very pleasant though, all the various instruments and noises sound appropriate. Good listen, I enjoyed it

Very nice track...all great sounds. Was waiting for it to go somewhere more intense but it’s a great mellow chillin’ tune. Great job!

Right off the bat, I'm not much liking the hard-panning.

My philosophy is to always assume that some percent of your listeners are one a bad mono setup. So anything important that's only in one channel may just be completely lost.

Short of adding a new part, do you recommend bringing the guitars closer together or making the snare more prominent? Like a massive thwack, with gated verb. That might fill things up a bit.
Right off the bat, I'm not much liking the hard-panning.

My philosophy is to always assume that some percent of your listeners are one a bad mono setup. So anything important that's only in one channel may just be completely lost.

Back