Which sort of effects do you use?

• Internal Effects (Software)

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • External Effects (Hardware)

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Porter

aka WookieMan
I know this is a little can of worms, because there are so many options, but I just wanted to get people's opinions on what they use, external effects or software plug-in effects for computer based recording.

From my point of view, I can spend lot's of money on either. I know there are also good quality and bad quality for both, but bang for buck and quality... which do you prefer to use, software or hardware?

The reason I ask this question is I'm thinking of getting an external 24-Bit Multi-effects Processor, the Behringer Virtualizer Pro DSP2024P or similar ... is it worth getting that or paying in some instances 3 times that for just one effect..

Porter

Both Boss.

Hardware - TC Electronics M1, DBX 160x limiter, RNC, Antares ATR-1 Autotune, Focusrite VM Pro

Software - Ultrafunk Suite which includes, Reverb, Phaser, Wah, Multiband compressor, Standard compressor, Parametric EQ, All the Cakewalk stuff, Lots of other stuff.

There are just some things that software cannnot do. Thought the list would help.

Regarding the Behringer, save $50 more and pick up TC Electronics M300 or one of the Lexicon 110 units. Much better sound for effects.

Both.
No software beats hardware based guitar FX processor. But in the mix, I'd preffer software. Waves plugins rules!!!

;)
Jaymz

James Argo said:
Both.
No software beats hardware based guitar FX processor. But in the mix, I'd preffer software. Waves plugins rules!!!
Agreed! :)

Porter said:
Middleman...

The link was in Australian Dollars (Behringer is $329)... I looked up the TC Electronics M300 and it's RRP in Oz is $895.

But I'm open to all suggestions.

Porter

Is that the street price on the M300? It's retail price over here is much higher than the street price. It's a killer unit.

Back