Effects on the VS-880EX??????

Slater

Have played professionally for years and am just now entering into the home recording thing.Am considering the VS-880EX and was wondering if the built in effects are any good?? Mainly plan on using reverb and delay for flute and vocals with maybe a bit of compression thrown in here and there.
If these effects are inadequate my next route would be to get separate components(mixing board, effects rack, digital recorder).Any suggestions in that department????Would like to keep it in the same budget as the VS880 if that's even a remote possibility.
Thanks.

They aren't too bad except for some of the guitar stuff. When I first got one I thought they sounded pretty good because I had been getting such lousy guitar tracks before that. I should point out that I was trying to get good tracks without spending a lot of money on an amp, mics, etc. and do it without waking people in the next room. At the same time, I bought a POD. Now the POD sounds best, and the VS880EX sounds crappy. These are just the guitar type effects I'm speaking of. About the same time I got Cakewalk for my computer. Now I'm thinking about selling the VS880EX. Probably won't though because of the portability. For what you will be doing with it, it may be okay. I bought mine from Guitar Center and they have a 30 day money back guarantee. If you could get it under those conditions, you could check it out, and if you don't like it, return it. As for just reverb, delay, and compression with flute or vocals, I don't think I can be of much help. If you want to get into home recording, however, go with PC.

Monty------Thanks for the info. Just ordered an 880EX last night and should have it next week.Got a pretty good deal from Musicians Friend with a 45 day money back guarantee. Am truly stoked!!!and can't wait for the Fed-X man to come knocking.

[This message has been edited by Slater (edited 03-09-2000).]

When it comes, don't be overwhelmed by the manual or video. You can get up to speed pretty quickly by using the EZ routing function. A guy at the music store said they were coming with some software to allow operation through a computer. That's what I got and it made the operation easier. More like Cakewalk. I paid for the full version from Datasonics. What did you pay for yours? Mine was $1428 before tax.

Paid a bit more for my outfit. With the 5% discount it came to 1519.00 but with no tax which is nice. Looks like it comes with a program for my computer also. I also ordered the video manual so hopefully that will shed some light on the subject? Do you have the 880EX with the 2.1 gig drive?
Thanks again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by monty:
Ya. What's yours?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same.

Back