Eery echoes...

charlottetat

Can you help me with echoes?

Hi it's me again...

I've just got recording about 10 mins ago! But everything has got an eery echo to it...is this something to do with the way i've set up my audio settings on my pc or something to do with the mixing desk?

I'm using:
Logic Audio 9
A Behringer Eurorack mixing desk
A Superlux CM-H8A
An Audiophile 2496 Soundcard
An Alesis RA300 Amp
And some crappy headphones.

Also any helpful tips on how to best use my gear would be appreciated...I'm itching to be able to make it all sound good!

Last edited:
this is probably just that your getting your monitoring wrong - you're listening to your instrument/voice direct and then with the slight delay of going through your computer too.

hi,

I think you may be recording with monitor input on. If this is the case and your soundcard is sending a line out to your monitor/headphones, you are actually hearing two signals, one in realtime and dry, and one with some latency sent by your recording software.

If you use the software to monitor the input, you probably would do well to use the ASIO driver of your soundcard and try to set the latency to about 5 Ms which is very close to realtime. now turn off input monitoring in your soundcard's mixer ( you should have this option there, I am not sure of your card settings ).

the other route is to turn imput monitoring off in the recording software then turn it on in the soundcard's mixer. this will give you a dry signal of your mic or instrument in realtime. you will not hear any effects applied to the recorded track until playback with this approach but you will record without latency and have less dropouts from an over stressed cpu.

latency of 10 Ms and greater will introduce an echo effect that throws your sync off when trying to play to a click or scratch track.

cheers,
baba

hehe, touchy! did you see my other post to you, i was asking abouts you cos you live in leeds and so i was interested. are you a student or something cos you're 20?

Back