Edwin Drood

??
the songs play every single time i try. is anyone else having problems? thanks Waldo for responding.

Hey sam,

This is definately not hip hop/rap......I don't really know what genre you would call it..................I could get into the beat wit different vocals layed on it........the music is different,,,,,this cat sounds like sage francis.......

Sorry...sam...Sge is a rapper in the underground....kinda got the same style of that laid back sound....but he rhymes alot more.................

i'll have to check him out...i have quite a number of "hiphop" pieces..i hate having to categorize them. i know it isn't hip hop like Tupac, Biggie, Nas, KrS-One and such, but it is flowin music...thanks for the response

BTW,

I listened to the song several times. I will NOT critique the mix as I have a horrible cold and can hardly tell that clunking noise is the keys beneath my fingers....

But I liked the tune alot! Wish it was a tiny bit longer though...

W.

thanks waldo...i appreciate you listening to my music. i usually never take dong length into consideration, since most of my music is spontaneous...why is it that my songs cut off at the end? every track is cut a few seconds short....maybe i should just make them a few seconds longer to compensate...no biggie...great site! thanks again, feel better..

middleman

Hey bud, I thik I've finally figured out why some songs are getting cut off at the end, and others are not. I've got an idea how to fix it, but it'll probably take me a couple days.

I'll post the solutions in the NWR help section when I'm done.

I dunno, the song was just so catchy, but ended too quick, coulda used at least another minute in my eye...

W.

excellent to hear.

i think you're right..the song should be a bit longer, i can't think of what i'd add to it. once i stop working on a track, i lose the moment. i really should train myself to finish projects...half-assed i've always been. :D
if you care to elaborate, what did you mean by "catchy"?

The 'flow' is the most catchy thing in any song - The rythm, and the tone... Kinda that mellow head-bobbing situation when I think about it.

W.

the "hells yeah" bob. yeah, i am much familiar with this motion. i'm glad you think it flows, that was the main theme of the song, i'm glad it translated well. if i may ask, what are you listening with?

Rather old, but rather nice Sansui prototype studio monitors, output is from a multi-card machine mixed down through a small mixing board (your song was played out of an SB live), and into a tube amp of custom design.

really? sounds lie ka decent set-up...you're one up on me, considering i am using stereo speakers. it's hard for me to get the levels to translate correctly on all systems. it really is time for me to get some flat response monitors...if you get a chance sometime, could you compare the volume level of a commercial cd track to one of my tracks and tell me if they're similar? that would be much appreciated...when i take my tracks into my trainers studio, they're always real bass heavy and muddy. i use to have the SB Live, but i recently upgraded to an Echo Mia...let me tell ya brother, big difference...and i changed these mucky old cables that i've been using for 7 years. what kind of mixing board? Mackie 1202?

Naw, my mackie was stolen a long time back. I'm really limitted on gear now days. The boards I'm using on the computers is actually a 'gemini' DJ board.

I've gone so far as to generate a tone on the computer, bump it through the whole set up, and then mic the speaker with a 'scope and counter.... Pretty close representation to the recording, as long as nobody dicks with the controls (which my niece and nephew have been known to do when they are over).

I'm no pro, but I'm sure picky about the way I like to hear things.

I'd love to compare your overall levels etc., but it may be some time. This cold makes my ear totally unpredictable... Can't even get through 10 seconds of a song without sneezing or coughing either...

W.

shitty to hear about your gear. sound sliek you are making the best of the sitaution though...i will remind ya in a few days to do that after your cold. i just got over a few days of food poisoning..saturday was the worst night of my life, shitting lava and puking at the same time...not fun

Back