[EDM etc.] SPAM the Q album

Are you here to join the community or are you here just to spam your music?

Depends. I normally can't come up with anything decent to post on forums, but seems like I got to adapt myself to it. I don't really know, I'm just REALLY desperate to gain more fans than the ones I have, because honestly, I produce a lot but get rewarded with too little lately.
Any suggestions? I tried posting on Soundcloud groups, 4chan, Facebook groups, Twitter hashtags, and this as a last resort. I don't know what to do now.

The irony is, you're posting your tunes to a bunch of musicians who: 1) won't listen to your stuff, 2) are trying to do the same thing as you, get more listens. Creating and recording music is easy. Promoting your work is the hard part. Soundcloud is not a place to promote your music, it is a place to send people to listen. Facebook could work, but that's more about pay to play. But I suppose if you get enough followers, you can get some perpetual motion thing going.

honestly, I produce a lot but get rewarded with too little lately.

You're putting music out along with millions of other musicians who are doing the same thing. It's called saturation. Welcome to the music business.

You're best bet is to start promoting yourself locally. Take your music to the clubs, college radio, play out, gig, sell CD's in local brick and mortar stores. Face to face. Maybe you'll get people to listen once or twice, but if you want them to keep coming back to your music, you have to set yourself apart from everyone else.

So, welcome to the site. Please don't keep posting your tunes in hopes you'll get more people to listen. You probably already reached the two or three who will.

Back