editting a waveform...

showstone

I just downloaded Reaper, thought I would check it out before purchasing a more expensive program, so far pretty impressive. I worked with Cool Edit 2.0 years ago and I found that program to be very intuitive, I barely ever looked at the maual, just started clicking around.
Repear, I am not finding to be THAT intuitive, but it seems to be an overall better system....having said that, I am not able to find a way to edit a specific waveform-I am sure ex-CE users know what I am talking about. I also browsed(lol) the user manual and still didn't find what I am looking for. Do you have to export to an outside editor to work on individual tracks? I am sure I am just missing something.

Hi there!

unfortunately, there isn't a destructive wave editor built in (although there is a feature request for it)

You can however assign a wave editor of your choice. You can then edit the waveform while running reaper. Reaper will automatically update itself when you save the file in the wave editor. It's just like having it built in. :)

I didn't think reaper was all that intuitive at first, but after spending some time with it and reading the manual, It really has a lot to offer and has a great workflow. (since 2005, I had used audition v1.5-3.0, then moved to sonar for a year before coming to reaper)

I just remembered, another option is to hit shift+! To maximize the track. You can add fades, effects, and just about anything you can think of to individual clips. You can then right click and render them to the clip.

Hope that helps!

Back