Editing your myspace page?!

JoeBannon

Are there any websites that give instructions and tell you how to change what? I've done some editing by looking at what others have done.

Hint: in the forum, under Myspace, there's a thread with partial instructions.

However, if you google "myspace templates" you get page generators that are far more comprehensive and efficient (I struggled with the forum instructions for a few hours, and never could find instructions for all the text, how to make a contact window, etc.)

A friend referred me to mywackospace.com, which is about the slickest of the page editors that I've seen.

About two hours. Threw this together because one of my stupider friends insisted she couldn't learn how to edit her own page.

Someday I'll see about getting rid of that stupid Details box, with the fascinating horoscope crap and whatnot.

Yeah, I used one of those templates / editors. It gave me a rough page, but there are a few small things I'd like to change.

yes, keep searching there is a ton of info on the web about it. it is basically css using custom template objects that you learn to specify and modify.

as long as you figure out what each object in the stock template page is, you can mod it and/or cover it up so it looks deleted.

you can learn by looking at the codes in the custom templates that are complete, and the forums and some people who give out the info, they sometimes change things a little and you have to make adjustments

i didn't go crazy on mine, just a little custom colors and font weights http://www.myspace.com/johnpmusic

hey get2sammyb, out of curiosity, how do you pick out the people you add to your myspace friends, just randomly or do you do some type of search? (I'll post a link to my site when it's done)

SacredDespair said:
hey get2sammyb, out of curiosity, how do you pick out the people you add to your myspace friends, just randomly or do you do some type of search? (I'll post a link to my site when it's done)

After you login, there is a link called "Change my Top Friends".

JoeBannon said:
After you login, there is a link called "Change my Top Friends".

I'm familiar with myspace and changing your top friends I was merely wondering how you picked the people to add to your friends list, whether you just randomly picked them or if you had a system or something behind it.

SacredDespair said:
I'm familiar with myspace and changing your top friends I was merely wondering how you picked the people to add to your friends list, whether you just randomly picked them or if you had a system or something behind it.

Oh, ok. For me it's either people I know or people who've traded a top friend with me.

JoeBannon said:
I don't want to hire anyone.

I have found that these two links were helpful. They are tutorials that should help you grasp the coding. Myspace Tutorials

CSS: An interactive Tutorial

Also, you can always find someone's page that you like and left click and you will see a comman for "view source". The whole layout will be there, but it is good to know some of the codes to know what is what.....otherwise it is pretty scary stuff.

Has anyone ever attempted to do a div overlay on a band myspace? I was wondering if you would lose the standalone player or if there was a way to bring it back to the front.

Back