Editing in Pro tools M powered??

SillySillyStacy

My question is this since I am just trying to get used to this program.
I know how to edit tracks individualy as far as the time before a song starts. I run from one room to another after I hit start and I am recording my band in the other room. I want to get rid of the 30 seconds before and the 30 after. I know how to edit and cut that part out of each track but not sure how to do it to all the tracks at once???? I have looked in the pdf file that I even printed (678 pages). I have "bounced to disk but it plays from the begining (no sound but still plays before and after)
Can some one help me please????

Theres a thousend ways to do this. If you've *bounced to disk* then you're left with a stereo track, which you apparantly know how to edit anyway. So you've answered your own question...

Couldn't you just put it in grid mode, bars and beats, and cut from the same bar of each track, then use your grabber tool and drag each to the begging.

easiest way:
the little tab in the edit window down at the bottom...open that so you can see your Edit Groups
Click the "<ALL>" selection so that it becomes selected.
Now all your edits you do will effect every track
Use the selector tool to click on where you want to separate...and CTRL+E (or B)

then just make sure you de-select the "<ALL>" edit group

----EDIT-----
okay, that's how you would do it to all your tracks if you hadn't bounced.
If you want to bounce to disk and not even have to worry about editing the beginning part out, just make sure you select what you want to bounce FIRST before selecting Bounce to Disk. This only bounces the selection.

bennychico11 said:
easiest way:
the little tab in the edit window down at the bottom...open that so you can see your Edit Groups
Click the "<ALL>" selection so that it becomes selected.
Now all your edits you do will effect every track
Use the selector tool to click on where you want to separate...and CTRL+E (or B)

then just make sure you de-select the "<ALL>" edit group

----EDIT-----
okay, that's how you would do it to all your tracks if you hadn't bounced.
If you want to bounce to disk and not even have to worry about editing the beginning part out, just make sure you select what you want to bounce FIRST before selecting Bounce to Disk. This only bounces the selection.

Thanks I haven't thought of that!

Back