editing 24 52 minute tracks

stuntmixer

OK, my next project just came in on several DVDROM discs. I transfered them in to hard drive to find out that there are no song divisions. In other words, track one is kick for the entire record, track two is the snare for the entire record.......

They are 52 minutes long, 24 bit 48k files recorded on some Fostex digital thing that must archive itself this way.

My question is how would y'all (God, I've been in Texas too long!!) split this all up into individual serving sized songs? It actually takes my computer about a hour to simply open the entire thing up.

So far what I'm doing is isolating a song, deleting the rest of the massive session then using "save selection" I put each track into another folder for the song. This seams to work but it is very time consuming.

Is there any way to save a session and tell CEP to save ONLY THE PART OF THE WAV. THAT IT'S USING? If I simply delete every thing unwanted off of the multi track screen and "save session", it still saves the entity of the file.

It seams like there has got to be an easier way.

I get the same scenario when I'm transfering live shows recorded on my Alesis HD24..

Load all tracks into CEP, then place the 'marker' in the space between the songs, right click - split. repeat first for each track, then for each song.

Now you can convert all new track to unique copies. (right click / convert) Save them into folders and load 'em up again.

Dunno if this made any sense...

yeah man, thanks. That's prettty much what I ended up doing, except I used save selection as I needed to convert them to 32 bit 16.8 at the same time.

Worked fine Now since I missed one overhead track for one song (grrrrr) I've got to open that massive session up one more time..

Oh well, one missed out of some 250 aint too bad

Back