Edirol UM-1S

complexprocess

I just purchased a UM-1S To interface my J-Station with my computer. I've tried to plug a standard midi cable in, and it seems to fit very loosely. Unfortunately I don't have any midi gear with me at the moment so I can't check to confirm that it works. Anyone else experience this? Do you need a special type of cable, or should a standard one with rounded pins work?

Last edited:
A midi cable is a midi cable. If it is a real midi cable and it fits in the jack you should be okay. Is it so loose it's falling out? Usually midi cables are pretty tight simply because of all the pins.

Thanks for the response. It encouraged me to just 'give it a good push'. As it turns out, It just took a lot of force to push it in all the way. :)

The Edirol adapter is so light I just assumed it wasn't the type of thing you could to force. The cable is seated snugly now. I'll update this post when I've gotten some use out of it, to let everyone know if it performs well. I'm assuming there will be no further snags. Thanks again.

Back