ECHO MONA vs AARDVARK DIRECT PRO??

THanks. THe Mona is better in that it has ADAT inputs. I'm not sure what other differences there are spec-wise.

I've posted the same question to this forum and to the "Event (Echo)" forum with no responses. I guess no one wants to go out on a limb since the Mona isn't available yet. I'm very interested in both but seem to be leaning toward the Mona. It will probably depend on what the retailers (Musicians Friend, Sweetwater, etc.)want for the Mona. I know the MSRP is $995 US but that doesn't mean anything. Full Compass has it in their latest catalog. It was supposed to release in Feb but now I'm hearing March. I hope they're not having problems already.

The Mona also has mic preamps (with phantom power). Also the six outputs are both +4dBu (XLR) and -10dBV (RCA). I think the power meters on the front will be a nice convenience too. So is the headphone volume control. Can't someone out there in the magazine world get their hands on one of these and put it through the ringer? I sent an e-mail today to Aardvark asking for a comparison. Will let you know what they come up with.

Sent an e-mail to Echo (echoaudio.com)asking for release date for the Mona. Just got a response. Release date is now mid-April. No explanation but I'm assuming there were some last minute changes. Echo also stated the Mona specs are better than the Direct Pro specs. Specifically: Mona A/D and D/A convertor dynamic range is 115db. Direct Pro is 110db (D/A) and 100db (A/D). Also pointed out that Direct Pro claims six 1/4" TRS outputs where it's actually four 1/4" TRS and two RCA. I like them both but a big price difference (unknown at this time) would steer me to the cheaper (dollars) of the two as either one will meet my needs.

Back