Echo Mia soundcard - popping noises

Keyz316

Hey guys --

I've had an Echo Mia soundcard for a few months now, currently with the latest drivers in my windows 2000 system... throughout that time it's been making some strange noises... something like a loud fuzzy pop, or jolt of staticy noise. For a long time I thought that it was my cheap-and-aging home stereo that was to blame not the card... but now I've just hooked up my new Yorkville YSM1p monitors... and the popping continues - only now MUCH louder and clearer hehehe. It's not the cables either, I've tried two different sets of cables. I've tried removing and reinstalling it from scratch but that had no effect either.

Anyhow, I'm hoping someone here can advise me. What should I do? Has anyone else had this problem?

-- Dave

WOW. I've never been so offended by tech support as I am now... I just got off the phone with Echo tech support.... DAMN. I explained about the popping as well as my troubles with getting appropriate levels without causing distortion.... and the guy was the epitome of impatience and excuses.... "it's not our card's fault... ask microsoft... the kernal mixer is bypassed and has no effect on what you hear [nonsense, it has a very distinct effect - I'm hearing it right now as I adjust it lol]..... it's your scsi cards fault... its your video cards fault.... mia is better than your old soundblaster, so thats why it has these problems... I just explained that to you ten times [no, he didnt lol]" haha the list goes on. He wouldn't let me get a word in either and kept interrupting "every" sentence I tried to speak. I promise you, I was in no way confrontational or rude or ANYTHING deserving of that treatment.

I'm an IT professional... I build computers for a living.... if "I" am baffled by a problem - then it IS a problem, it's not just in my head hehe

Echo Audio gets an F in my book, and their card can find its rightful place in a landfill for all I care. I'm getting something better, from a company that just might give a rats about their customers and show them the respect customers deserve.

Anyhow, sorry, I'm venting. If someone can give me some suggestions (unlike tech "support") that would be totally awesome :D

Thanks and peace.

Back