Echo Mia Question?

How are we supposed to help you when you're giving us no information whatsoever on where it's going wrong for you?
The MIA is a nice card. Used to have one myself. Spdif worked fine. Now tell us what you have tried so far.

I just tried plugging a POD Pro into the SPDIF in, but can't seem to get any signal. I have the POD set to 44.1 sample rate, and it seems to work fine going SPDIF in via my digital 16 track. As you can tell, I'm pretty new to Computer recording - I'm sure it's probably something ridiculously simple that I'm forgetting to do! :-)

Without going into detail, just make sure you've checked out ALL of the settings on the MIA console - Both the analog and digital sections.

I used to mess that up all the time and it was almost always some goofy setting that I reversed for whatever reason...

Yep, unmute your S/PDIF INputs.

Then you also have to tell your recording software to record from the S/PDIF ports. As usual, read your manuals.....

(I use a Johnson J-Station and record using S/PDIF to my Mia... fantastically quiet -104db noise floor!)

TimOBrien said:
Yep, unmute your S/PDIF INputs.

Then you also have to tell your recording software to record from the S/PDIF ports. As usual, read your manuals.....

(I use a Johnson J-Station and record using S/PDIF to my Mia... fantastically quiet -104db noise floor!)

Thanks Tim, I think that's where the problem lies. (I already had the S/PDIF inputs unmuted). I'll check it out tonight.

Mark

Back