echo 20 bit

yes...infact it has an addtional pair of outputs (called monitor 9/10), and SPDIF outputs too ...and no it doesn't have preamps. I've had one for several years. They tend to get a little warm but I think they sound great...especially for the money nowadays. I've never felt the need to upgrade to a 24 bit card because of its quality.

matt_barlow said:
Anyone know or have any experience with the echo audio layla 20 bit sound interface system? Can you record and edit seprately 8 tracks at once? Does it have any preamps? Thanks in advance, Matt

If you have not purchased it already, I would advise you not to.

It is a discontinued product and drivers are only available for 98. If you use 2000 or XP you are screwed.

Lesson #1 for building DAW's - NEVER buy discontinued/unsupported soundcards. They will only cause you grief down the road.

I learned that the hard way...

Re: Re: echo 20 bit

brzilian said:

If you have not purchased it already, I would advise you not to.

It is a discontinued product and drivers are only available for 98. If you use 2000 or XP you are screwed.

Lesson #1 for building DAW's - NEVER buy discontinued/unsupported soundcards. They will only cause you grief down the road.

I learned that the hard way...

http://www.echoaudio.com/Download/Drivers.htm

Looks like there's drivers to me.

Of course I don't know everything like brzilian, so I could be wrong.

These are beta drivers for 2K and XP, but Echo tends to support discontinued products.

Re: Re: Re: echo 20 bit

Polaris20 said:

http://www.echoaudio.com/Download/Drivers.htm

Looks like there's drivers to me.

Of course I don't know everything like brzilian, so I could be wrong.

These are beta drivers for 2K and XP, but Echo tends to support discontinued products.

I have bought equipment because it seemed a good deal at the time and only turned out to be a major headache later. I have also bought products, and once the newer OS from Microsoft was released, I was left hanging with their empty promises - ATI for one with working drivers/software for Windows 2000. I waited a year and in the meantime had a video capture card I used to make money with that was useless. I have gone through 2 audio cards over the past year for the same reasons until I realized I had to stop skimping and pay $$ if I wanted quality and reliability.

Hey man, just throwing in my $.02 based on personal experience so others can learn from my mistakes. If you don't like it - tough.

My posts are based on facts, be them based on personal experience or knowledge gained elsewhere and when I run out of arguments I don't resort to cheap shots with personal attacks

Last edited:
That's the problem though man. You state opinion as fact, without doing 2 seconds research.

I did, and proved that in this case you were incorrect.

Sorry to get emotional, but 9 times out of 10 your posts irritate me, due to the tone.

My apologies.

Polaris20 said:
That's the problem though man. You state opinion as fact, without doing 2 seconds research.

I did, and proved that in this case you were incorrect.

Sorry to get emotional, but 9 times out of 10 your posts irritate me, due to the tone.

My apologies.

I was warning matt_barlow not to buy unsupported and discontinued hardware.

Fact:

The Beta drivers for the Layla are unsupported and the card is officialy discontinued

These are considered beta drivers and are not supported by Echo.

Please point out how I am incorrect.

brzilian said:

I was warning matt_barlow not to buy unsupported and discontinued hardware.

Fact:

The Beta drivers for the Layla are unsupported and the card is officialy discontinued

These are considered beta drivers and are not supported by Echo.

Please point out how I am incorrect.

You said drivers are only available for 98. Not correct. There's drivers up to XP, even if they're Beta.

Whatever dude. You're like talking to a brick wall who's never wrong.

End of conversation.

Have a nice day.

Gotta reply here too. I just bought an echo gina 20 bit off of ebay. I am running XP pro and downloaded the appropriate drivers off the echo website. No problems at all. It is working well. The drivers may not be supported, but they do have them for XP and you said they didn't. Sometimes buying the "previous" version of something is a way to get what you need to get started.

brutus

Hey ppl, thats fine and dandy. I'm glad it works for you.

All I'm/have been saying is that when it comes to my lievelyhood, I want to know that the tools I use to earn the money that pays my mortgage, etc damn well better be supported.

Back