EBAY Loop CDs.....good? bad?

postalblue said:
i wonder what's the deal with the sound site though. i can't download zilch from there. i tried from two different computers, and nothing.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gee, I just realized that... May be it runs out of transfer bandwith capacity. :confused:

...or ... Dead ? :confused: :rolleyes:

16 cds for $50

Guys, Thanks for the responses:

I did email the seller and as it turns out....these are all done on a drum machine and are biased to club/hip hop......both of which are not what I want. You know the saying: "If its sounds too good to be true....."

And you are absolutely right about the limitations of looping and the pros of midi. I actually have an old Roland TD5 kit and can play...to a limited degree. But I generally just use it to trigger sounds from an Alesis QS8.1. Sounds ok, not great.

I actually have a tune thats 98% done, using loops from the Drum Tools cd. However, that last 2% is the missing link: some crashes, custom intro fill.....things that I would need a selection of one-hits for.

I definately have to spend more time learning how to use midi to trigger sampled sounds. However, my concern is also using too much horsepower...I usually record 8-10 audio tracks and my system is only a PIII, 800mhz, 512k, with average hd's. I'd hate to start investing in sampler plugins and samples to find out it won't work.

Does Sonar 2.0 have a sampler plugin?

Back