Eastern Percussion SoundFonts

BluesMeister

Occasional Poster
My fellow Walkers of Cake,

I have composed a tune that currently uses the Edirol VSC DXi for percussive sounds, but I'd really like to use an Indian Tabla and one of those drums that changes pitch when it's struck.

The VSC DXi really can't cut it for this particular tune.

Do you know of any SF2s that would fit the bill?

--
BluesMeister

My best Australian fellow...

It's only if you have the Creative SB installation CD. There's several great .sf2 files included on the disc. Two of the best I kinda use often for your task is called World Combo.sf2 (2,833kb) and Indian Ensemble.sf2 (3,953kb). I never know if they're available on the net for download. If you have any friend with the CD, perhaps you can borrow the CD for copying 'em.

;)
Jaymz

Jaymz,

I'm a bit short of friends round here... :D But, I'll certainly ask around - our IT man is in today so I'll ask him if he has the disc or knows anybody who has it.

Jaymz, as usual you have my thanks. :)

--
BluesMeister

I've got them both: I can put those two up (on my website) for you tonight....

Just wait for my reply! :D

Yes! Thank you! :)

Good percussion-soundfonts is damn hard to find on the net! :(

Hey thanks Pedullist. :) I'll D/L your ensemble tonight. Is there a conversion utility I'll need for RAR files?

--
BluesMeister

moskus said:
Yes! Thank you! :)

Good percussion-soundfonts is damn hard to find on the net! :(

Unless you pay for it....I recently bought some Sonic Implants stuff. It's amazing.

I was about to put 'em also in my website for BlueMeister, but unfortunatelly, they limit the upload & download to/from the site to 1MB only :( aaarrgghhh.... And I couldn't seem to put file with extension .zip, .bat, .rar, etc... But looks like Pedullist had taken the idea better than me... THANK YOU TROJKA... ;)

Out of luck with the IT guy. I went round to his house this evening. He used to have an SB Live! installation CD - but it seems to have gone missing...:(

However, for the benefit of Excellency Jaymz - there is such a thing as a file splitting utility which I've used many times myself to overcome the 3MB limit with my ISP. Had you considered that Your Excellency?

--
BluesMeister

Back