E-Musician mag reviews BR-1600

Br 1600

What about the EQ is it better than say a BR-8? That and the drums not being controlable are the only thing I don't like about the Boss model digital recorders. But they are great for a non tech like me.

I thought the EQ on the BR-8 was pretty good. I made great sounding recordings using the BR-8...the BR-1600 is even better. And yes, you can program the drum patterns on the BR-1600.

The inputs are shite on the BR1180. I cant seem to get a really good level without it distorting. You would expect to be able to sit safely at 6-4dB without distortion, but no, i get distortion! even when using a compressor or even a limiter.
And yes i check every level on the signal path to ensure no peaking anywhere else.

Great review. Overall, I am very impressed with the vocal recording quality of the BR1600. I have have also noticed the "digital artifacts" added to voice when pitch correction is turned on that Steve mentioned in the review. Does anybody know if there is a way to power up the BR1600 so that it defaults with the phantom mic power always on?

Back