E-MU 0404 Crackle/Pop

darkecho

I just got this Emu card so i could record my keyboard in SPDIF. i have it all hooked up and eveything but now im getting crackles and pops in my recording, i can hear it through the monitors when im not recording as well.. also, it seems to be messing up my metronome in Audition2.0

does this have something to do with the latency? it seems like no matter what latency i have it at, i get the pops

anyone know why my card is crackle/popping

it does it whether im recording or not but i have to be playing the keyboard for the pop to happen, its about one little pop every 2 seconds of playing or so.

im not going to let this thread die before i get a response!!!

somebody MUST have an idea why this happens?! has nobody with an EMU 0404 used the digital connection before?

Sorry I can't help you out I don't use either the card or the software.

But you mentioned it happens only with the keyboard. Do have another device you can test with it? At least that would rule out if the problem is the keyboard. I believe alot of SPDIF devices also look for a word clock to sync up to do you have that set up properly? What kind of keyboard is it?

I guess cable quality could be an issue as well. You might want to double check you cable routing in regards to interference from power cables.

Maybe if you toss out a little more bait you get atleast a nibble or two.

i use the fantom x7, i dont have any other digital instrument to test it with...

it crackles only when im playing something, when the keyboard sint making noise, it doesnt crackle..

i have played the fantom into the Delta44 card i have before via balanced cables and it never had a problem...

ummm I didnt think that the SPDIF needed a word clock,
my keyboard I think sends at 16/44.1

Crackles like that, when you hear them when you are not playing back something already recorded means that the word clock on the sound card is not sync'ed to the word clock on the keyboard. Via your soundcards "mixer" software, set the card to be in slave mode when something is hooked up to the S/PDIF input and all should be well.

OPen patchmix

Click the "O" button it's to the right of the "fx" button.

Under the system tab select external source S/PDIF

Back