dw 9002 pedal

detuned6

Metal dude
i just bought on of these last night (dbl kick model). this pedal kicks ass, super smooth, top of the dw line. This is a sweet pedal, you would swear your playing two bass drums and not a dbl pedal. Ive been struggling with a tama iron cobra for the past 10 months, this dw brings new life to my dbl bass madness!

http://www.dwdrums.com/pages/pedals/dwpedals.html

What didn't you like about the Iron Cobra? Just wondering, because I have one, and it seems OK to me. In what way is the DW a step up?

Whoopysnorp said:
What didn't you like about the Iron Cobra? Just wondering, because I have one, and it seems OK to me. In what way is the DW a step up?

The iron cobra just allways felt stiff to me, and i felt it cut down on my speed.( and yes i have adjusted averything, and i had 3 different drummers fiddle also.)
well whoopy, you said it "seems was ok". yep it seemed "ok" to me two but, it was not great by any means.
The dw company makes some great stuff from hardware to drums, its all quality stuff.
The 9002 is a totally friction less pedal, and the springs are free floating. but that is not why i bought it. If i wanted to save money i would have got the the 5000 model, but if you played the 9002..... you too be like " shit, thats a sweet feeling pedal". Ive never played a dbl pedal that smooth and fast. im a metal guy, so this pedals good for me, but might not be good for you. Its all about personal perferance.

yea DW dbl bass drum pedals kick ass. i use 2 use those cuz i play metal rock. the iron cobra's r good 2. i personally lyk the dw models better. but now i upgraded 2 premier double bass drums. i dont need those double bass drum pedals anymore but i lyked them neways.

Dw makes about the best top line of pedals. Right now I am playing the Gibralter double and am thinking of upgrading to something alittle better.

My drummer just broke his DW 5000 double pedal during a show. He'd only had it for six months, and apparently it just totally busted. I have a friend who won't play anything but Axis pedals, because he claims to have broken one of about every other brand of double pedal before he finally bit the bullet and shelled out for the Axis. He's had it for ten years now and it's still solid as she came. He plays really hard, though.

detuned6 said:
My old drummer used the single axis pedals and broke 2 of them.

Really? Were they the ones made out of aircraft aluminum? Because that's what my friend has, and I can't imagine it breaking ever. It's a really damned expensive pedal, though.

Pedal

I've had the aluminum axis dbl pedal before. It broke about 2 years later. I also found it to be too smoothe if that makes any sence. There was almost no resistance. I have had an Iron Cobra now for about 4 years. So far it is holding up pretty well. However having played cheaper pedals the better part of my life I guess I just got used to the resistance in the pedals. Now I can't play one with real smoothe action.

Whoopysnorp said:
Really? Were they the ones made out of aircraft aluminum? Because that's what my friend has, and I can't imagine it breaking ever. It's a really damned expensive pedal, though.

:eek: those are the ones. Both pedals broke in the same spot.

Back