DW 5000 double kick pedal

No need to get testy... have you tried 5000 Series? I like it. Smooth pedal that can be easily adjusted. It's a definite upgrade to anything less. If you want, try checking out Iron Cobras.

Enrique said:
One answer... yes

i agree, as with everything DW its sturdy, and stunning quality. Its lovely and smooth, strong and not tooo expensive, definatly worth it. Better than Iron Cobras in my opinion

Thanks! looks like it's gonna be the dw then, I can't wait to
try it out :D I want to get some zildjian A cymbals,
im thinkin for the crash cymbals I should get the
"rock crash" ones but in 3 different sizes (because I like
to have 3 crash cymbals) and rock is my genere of music.
A nice A ride and 14" A rock hi hats. For hard rock do you
think this is a good cymbal set up?? if not, what is? thanx.

Enrique said:
No need to get testy... have you tried 5000 Series? I like it. Smooth pedal that can be easily adjusted. It's a definite upgrade to anything less. If you want, try checking out Iron Cobras.
I surely didn't mean to come across testy...

but I am looking for more than just Yes or No. I have an Iron Cobra and I've played a DW, but it's been some time ago. Just looking for more of your opinion... which I'd still like to hear more of...

Sonixx said:
I surely didn't mean to come across testy...

but I am looking for more than just Yes or No. I have an Iron Cobra and I've played a DW, but it's been some time ago. Just looking for more of your opinion... which I'd still like to hear more of...

My bad. Anyways, I've have nothing but good things to say about DW. Drums... hardware... it's all a perfect match for me. What I like a lot about the 5000 series the most is that it has so many interchangeable parts to it that you can find that perfect feel for you. Another nice feature would be the heel plate. You can stack/adjust it, giving you more versatility. I don't know too many pedals out there that give you all that at a very reasonable price IMO.

Something many people fail to realize is the fact that even if you own a 500.00 pedal, just because it is sturdy and smooth doesnt mean it will allow you to use good technique. Often if a pedal is too heavy, its response (regardless of springs) won't be good to the touch. I own an 800.00 drum kit(including cymbals) that if played without technique, sounds like an 800.00 kit... but once you begin focussing more on the logistics of why things sound and work good, thats when you begin to realize that this is not always necessarily true, and you can make it sound like a full maple oc kit. I've modded a few of my single kick bass pedals by soldering extra weight to the bottom or even changing the springs. I know you are merely asking for an opinion, but remember if you buy expensive things, it may not always live up to your "performance" expectations. Its only human logic to assume that something expensive that looks nice, makes you sound better. Just keep that in mind.

I played with DW (mainly because of reputaton....50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong, right?). Well, I soon switched to the Iron Cobra. I like it better (quicker and smoother....I hate the DW beaters), and they're less expensive. But it's all subjective. Try them both out and see which feels better.

Do you like Coke or Pepsi? Jif or Skippy? Ford or Chevy?

I have the mapex fast-switch hi-hat double kick combo pedal, its not the fastest, but you get used to it after a while... if you have some extra money to spend, i think you'd like this one you can get it for 200-300$ US, its stylish and compacts your kit a bit.

Back