Dunlop original crybaby

pinkerchook

This pedal has that squak wah I have been looking for. I think its cool, anyone have any pointers to get the most out of a dunlop original crybaby wah?

That's kind of like asking how to do a string bend and get some feel in it. You just have to use it, mess around, get to know it. Free your mind and your ass will follow, as the song goes.

But then he'd be CROSSPOSTING!!! :eek: :D
Just kidding...
One trick is if you open the thing up you can play with the pot position relative to the pedal by disconnecting the gear from the pot and turning it, then reconnecting. This lets you dial in the exact frequency sweep range you want, I tend to like the pedal to sweep a little less treble than how it comes stock.

I am not an experienced wah user but the times that I used one I just tried to sing "wah" or "wow" along with the notes I was playing and when my mouth opened my foot when down. When my mouth closed, my foot came back up. Pretty simple! Give it a try!!

Watch the movie "Standing in the Shadows of Motown." I never really knew how to use a wah until I watched those guys use one.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back