Dump from Roland XP80 to Cakewalk

Landie

Does anyone know how to setup the Roland XP80 keyboard to do a midi exclusive dump? Precise instructions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. I already know how to setup Cakewalk to receive the dump.

No offence meant here. Read/follow instructions from the manual chapter 8 kpage 161 to page 163 which gives you all the details for transmitting/data transfer ( bulk dumps),

There are three pages of instructions.

W,

No offense intended. I never said that I owned the XP 80. I was able to set my friends keyboard up to work properly with Cakewalk Pro Audio. I merely wanted to dump his settings so there is no guess work when someone accidently changes his keyboard settings. He is new to recording. He lives in Louisiana and I live in New Jersey. I was in his neck of the woods to attend a retirement ceremony, needless to say I will not be traveling back and forth to correct technical difficulties. I did not have much time read his manual and he did not understand the terminology.I figured that this would solve a number of problems at once.

Every person that asks a question on this forum is not only asking for themselves they ask for their friends family etc...

Back