Dumb Acid question...

J Wah

I have Acid 2.0. Don't know a thing about it.

I want to be able to program drums, basic accoustic drums for to accompany accousic guitar songs. I want to be able to import drums into multi-track program with kick, snare, etc going to a different track for mixing and applying effects. Or apply the effects to each sound, mix and then import to multi track.

If Acid can do this I will take the time to learn it. What do you think?

Not really what it's good at. ACID is a loop arranging tool. You could use it this way but there are other products, standard multitrack software like SONAR, Cubase, etc., that are more suited to what you describe.

acid drums

I often do this when I'm in the early stages of writing a song and I want drums to play as I record my guitar or bass ideas before I get to the point of recording live drums.
In acid, you can either use a simple drum loop for an entire song, or you can arrange single hits....ie...snare...bass drum...hi-hat...crashes...fills...in whatever tempo and time you want. Its pretty easy to do. You can then add effects to single tracks...like the snare...and mix all the drum tracks into one wav file and import that file into your multi-track recorder, or you can export each individual track...snare...bass drum...etc...and bring each of those into your multi-tracker. Either way is a piece of cake...so yes...it can do what you are looking for.

Back