dual tracks

Skipper3!

OK now im doing well on every thing, thanks to all the help. Im at the point were I want to record on track 13. Track 13 and on have tracks sharing one fader. When I asign a track and imput to track 13 the imput goes to both tracks(13 & 14). How do I record and change imput on one track or the other?
Skipper3!

How many analog inputs do you have on your interface?
And related, what track record input options did you have available and used on the first eight tracks?
Even with only a two channel interface there might be one 'Left. one 'Right, and a 'Stereo pair and you'd just keep reusing which ever of them for the next tracks.

Im putting a guitar through input H to track 13&14. How to I isolate this track from 14? Then put something else on 14?

Assuming you have a DP-24 (from your previous posts). I'm pretty sure you can't. Tracks 13 thru 24 are paired stereo tracks (usually used for stereo inputs like drums, synths, keys, etc). What you have are 12 mono tracks and 6 stereo pairs (ie, 12 tracks, L/R). Are you exceeding 18 tracks total?

Assuming you have a DP-24 (from your previous posts). I'm pretty sure you can't. Tracks 13 thru 24 are paired stereo tracks (usually used for stereo inputs like drums, synths, keys, etc). What you have are 12 mono tracks and 6 stereo pairs (ie, 12 tracks, L/R). Are you exceeding 18 tracks total?

RustyAxe is correct. Tracks 13 thru 24 are paired and cannot be recorded as 12 separate tracks. If you've already used the first 12 mono tracks you might want to consider bouncing some of those to the paired tracks to make some room.........or just go ahead and use the stereo tracks like they were mono. Assign the single input to both tracks of the pair. Essentially......the DP24 is not a true 24 track recorder.......sort of. I know....clear as mud right?

Back