Dual Monitor Question

mastahnke

Linux Man...
I have been running dual 19" for quite a while now, but they are seperate. (as in a background appears on each monitor, not one big one all the way across). I would like one big one all the way across, like a resolution of 3280 x 1024 or something. I have a Gefore4 MX440 but I haven't figured out how to do this. Can it be done?

I assume you have a dualhead Geforce.

Go to the screen where you can change your resolution, select advanced, select nVieuw, and select horizontal and not clone. The screen wil be spread over the two monitors.

I don't have an NVIEW Tab. That is the type of thing I have been looking for though. I can set up virtual desktops and rotate the friggen thing, but not stretch it. I have been through the control panel inside and out (I think) . It seems so weird that I can't figure it out. I might have to try finding the manual ;)

MIKE

I got it. It was close, It seems like I needed to 'uninstall' the monitors from the HW configuration before it would let me change anything. Weird, but oh well. Now that I spent hours trying to do this, i have to decide if I like it....

If you don't have nview you have to get it from your driver CDthat came with the geforce and install it.
I've been working some time with dual monitors and I think it's a must for DAW systems.

Back