dual dell monitor/ which videocard

Falopo

so i finally purchased my flat panels. i got 2 DELL E152FPb 15 inch. I need a video card though. in a nother post i did several suggested the matrox g450.

my question is what cables do i need. im not sure what cables are needed and waht connectors are on the dell itself.

Falopo said:
so i finally purchased my flat panels. i got 2 DELL E152FPb 15 inch. I need a video card though. in a nother post i did several suggested the matrox g450.

my question is what cables do i need. im not sure what cables are needed and waht connectors are on the dell itself.

2D filter is exactly the same adding only refinement in dual strength (even higher refresh) 450 or 550 would give you all you need.

Considering 650 is barely cut down version (in small dosage) of Parhelia, and if you take price of the same into consideration, it is not worth the cost.

I have replaced my Parhelia with ATI AIW 9600Pro but I have left G200 and G550 for helping machines. 2D in Parhelia is same even with G550 (Slightly more vibrant and watery sharp)

There are even (for science and hospitals) upgraded versions of Dualhead G200 (even tipplehead that would give you all you need)

But if you want games as well, you could only barely live with Parhelia, then go ATI or Hercules
or if you can afford go best there is ELSA.

Best of ATI or Nvidia combined with know-how modification from Elsa final touch of superb 2D Filters.

Anthony said:
Considering 650 is barely cut down version (in small dosage) of Parhelia, and if you take price of the same into consideration, it is not worth the cost.

WTF are you talking about?

P650 - $150
Parhelia - $300 and up

brzilian said:
WTF are you talking about?

P650 - $150
Parhelia - $300 and up

Yes and you can G200 for 30$, G450 & 550 for a bit more.
Same 2D filter same power.

Parhelia has dedicated software to use up this power, although lets be honest 3D is mediocre compared to competition. But support and 2D is second to none.

P650 and 750 are in no way worth this money if you can find G series (in good shape) as alone products for someone who is buying 650 & 750 they are excellent.

By Matrox standards 650 is fine card but overpriced of what it has to offer compared to G series.

Anthony said:
Yes and you can G200 for 30$, G450 & 550 for a bit more.
Same 2D filter same power.

Parhelia has dedicated software to use up this power, although lets be honest 3D is mediocre compared to competition. But support and 2D is second to none.

P650 and 750 are in no way worth this money if you can find G series (in good shape) as alone products for someone who is buying 650 & 750 they are excellent.

By Matrox standards 650 is fine card but overpriced of what it has to offer compared to G series.

Reread my initial post.

I said buy the P650 if the Dell monitors have DVI inputs BECAUSE the 650 has dual DVI outputs. The G450 does not have DVI outputs, only VGA.

brzilian said:
Reread my initial post.

I said buy the P650 if the Dell monitors have DVI inputs BECAUSE the 650 has dual DVI outputs. The G450 does not have DVI outputs, only VGA.

Yes but Millennium G550 Dual-DVI card with the Dual DVI Cable has. Same thing at normal price, same power.

And as with any other Matrox, equivalent DAC refresh and quality on both outputs.

As long as you can get reliable G-series P series is not worth the money. Even (read tech Matrox forum) Matrox people find G series equal.

However, this 650 is worth waiting : http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/audio/news/press_rel/2004/namm_advisory.cfm

Last edited:
brzilian said:
The P650 has always been able to do that and that press release is 6 months old.

Well, sorry.

I wrote replies on the fly and to tell you the truth not very interested in 650 as it is, so attention
was almost zero to spot this obsolete date.

Although, considering 3D engine, I don’t see why would even any of P series need cooler at all.

Parhelia is doing some heavy duty stuff, but P..?

The fact that you can write, right now your problem on Matrox technician forum and expect response in less then hour or so (sometimes in minutes) is worth every penny.

With 2D this is my favorite thing about Matrox

Back