DSP8024 - feedback destroyer help

williamconifer

greets all,

I bought a Behringer Ultracurve DSP8024 off Ebay. I was using it on the band I do sound for and I had the left channel running the mains and the right channel running the front monitors. I set the Feedback Destroyer to auto but I was still getting feedback. Is there any trick to this? It's like it wasn't on or something. I'm pretty sure it was. I got a gig on Sunday and I really want to figure this thing out.

any thoughts?

jack

I usually do okay with stuff like the ultracurve but I was unable to get anything like a satisfying result. I tried for nearly a month and eventually returned it to GC.

Good luck.

I really started to look at the feedback part and realized that the destroyer has 3 stereo filters which translates into only 3 filters working my front monitors. I noticed the freqs of the 3 filters and they had notched out 381hz, 781 hz & 728hz. Most of the squeeling was taking place between 2-4khz. So I suppose it started low and didn't have enough filters to catch the higher freqs.

I noticed that the Feedback Destroyer Pro (standalone) unit has "24 filters" Which means it would have 12 filters each for L + R channels. That makes more sense.

Is there a way to have the FDBack killer in the Ultracurve pay attention to the upper freqs only? I suppose eqing the lower freqs to not feedback would be a start. Then they would be free to catch the "hot zone" between 2-4khz.

thank for the thoughts
jack

Back