Drums on Demand

357mag

I just learned of audio loops called Drums on Demand. I listened to some of the samples on their web site and they sounded pretty good. I was wondering if you can use these Drums on Demand with Reaper. I will be using Superior Drummer also as soon as it arrives.

I'm rather confused about these audio loops. Do you just install them and then the loops show up within the Superior Drummer window or the Reaper window?

But first I need to know whether you can actually use them with Reaper and or Superior Drummer.

If theyre audio files you can just dump them into reaper. If they have loop info then you can use reaper's pencil tool thingy too

Then I guess Beta Monkey would also work then too cuz those look to be audio files(.wav is one option).

So you don't use them within your drum software window? You use them within the Reaper interface?

Yes on both Beta Monkey and Drums on Demand. You would open the media explorer under "view" where you can sample the loops and then drag them into your project if you wish. Really quite simple. Good luck.

It looks like Beta Monkey might be a better choice. They offer much more in the way of discs.

What about being able to change the tempo of the drums? Can you do this when you are using drum audio files? Or must you use drum MIDI files for that?

If I found a groove that I liked, but I wanted to change the tempo so it was a bit slower or faster so it fit my song, but found out I couldn't. Well that might kinda suck.

I think a program like EZdrummer might suit you better. You can control every aspect of the drums with it.

It looks like Beta Monkey might be a better choice. They offer much more in the way of discs.

What about being able to change the tempo of the drums? Can you do this when you are using drum audio files? Or must you use drum MIDI files for that?

If I found a groove that I liked, but I wanted to change the tempo so it was a bit slower or faster so it fit my song, but found out I couldn't. Well that might kinda suck.

Yes, you can change the tempo with drum loops. If the tempo change is too drastic you can run into problems

Back