Drummers - any chance of a little help?

andyhix

:dank:
My dearest friends, I really need your help.

My band, Orange Robot, has been trying to record a new CD’s worth of music. We had a drummer for a while, but we haven’t seen him in months. We tracked a few songs with him, and now we are stuck with a few songs that need percussion, and we’ve exhausted the local physical drummer resources. Is there ANYBODY out there with a drum kit [we don’t need a pro] willing to record some drums to a song or two? The future of Orange Robot may very well depend on it. PLLLLLLLLLEEEEAAAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!

The songs:
This song already has drums and is provided just for reference. The vocals aren’t keepers, and possibly some of the guitars need to be redone. It’s mixed only enough to make it slightly listenable. It covers a pretty good range of our energy level from mellow fingerpicking to harder driving rock (yet not too fast). Anyway, again, it’s not a final product by any means, just there for your information.

The two songs I’d be most interested in getting some drums for at this point (we have probably 5 total that need drums) are these two. Alexandis Marbleslide has a bit of an eastern, maybe Indian feel to it, at least in spots. The lead guitar is atrocious right now. It was basically improvised on the spot, so the timing is way off. If the timing is so bad you can’t drum to it, let me know and I can redo it or remove it.

Cats and Dogs currently is just the 1 guitar and vocals. This song will be built from the drums up, and whomever drums on it can basically do whatever they see fit, and shape the future of the song.

We dabble in sort of experimental sounds, so you can be a creative as you want. With both of these, obviously ALL the instruments will be retracked properly after the drums are down.

Compensation:
We HIGHLY doubt that we will make any money off this CD, but we’ve decided any money that we might make is going to be donated to a charity, probably one that combats Cerebral Palsy and/or premature births to help families like our good friends here: http://micropreemietwins.blogspot.com/. Of course we absolutely will give huge props and credits in our liner notes, websites, etc.

So what do you say? You have a bit of time to record one song don’t you? I know it's kind of asking a lot as I'm sure everyone is busy with their own stuff, but I'm running short on options. PM me or reply back if you’re interested.

*Bump*

One of our VERY Gracious members recorded drums for the song Cats and Dogs above, so that one no longer is in need of saving from the brink of extinction. I'll keep the drummers identity a secret. He/she can identify him/herself if he/she wishes.

Alexandis Marbleslide (above) and this song, The Winter Nocturne are still in desperate need of help:
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=8658

This song (interestingly just like cats and dogs) has an intro, a second intro (interlude?) and then verse chorus verse chorus. There is a wierd couple of bits with a 9/8 time (that's how I mapped it, anyway) in the intro. Seems like the type of thing a drummer would have fun trying to play to. heh heh...

Much like the others, the scratch tracks are pretty rough, but hopefully close enough to play drums to. If you think you can help, let me know. I can offer some guidance if you'd like, or you can just have at it. I am very flexible. I guess the only thing is with Winter Nocturne, I'd like the choruses to rock a bit more than what they naturally seem to want to do currently.

Pretty pretty pretty please??? Anyone?

I would father your children if you did. or something. In other words, I'd be VERY grateful. ;) For "banging" purposes, Alexandis Marbleslide might be your best bet. It's got a near-metal sorta feel to some of it.

One more warning: It's REAL sloppy. That will be fixed (all re-recorded) eventually.

I would father your children if you did. or something. In other words, I'd be VERY grateful. ;) For "banging" purposes, Alexandis Marbleslide might be your best bet. It's got a near-metal sorta feel to some of it.

One more warning: It's REAL sloppy. That will be fixed (all re-recorded) eventually.

I listened to them. They sound do-able. I'm not as good as some of the cats in here, but I'll give it a shot. I'll need a few days, maybe a week. Is that okay?

One of our VERY Gracious members recorded drums for the song Cats and Dogs above.....He/she can identify him/herself if he/she wishes.

That would be me. I'm more than happy to claim playing on that one. It's a good tune. Can't wait to hear it.

Actually, it would be nice to actually HEAR something I supposedly colloborated on for a change. Lately, it seems I've been chasing people off the internet with my drum and guitar tracks. :D :D:D

That would be me. I'm more than happy to claim playing on that one. It's a good tune. Can't wait to hear it.

Actually, it would be nice to actually HEAR something I supposedly colloborated on for a change. Lately, it seems I've been chasing people off the internet with my drum and guitar tracks. :D :D:D
Well, I just didn't want people to hound you for the same sort of help, if you didn't want it. We'll definitely be using the drum tracks. Just don't hold your breathe. We tend to work at turtle speed. I'm glad you saw some potential there in the rough tracks. It's well on it's way now. And I can now give ya the big public

THANKS!

Rami did "cats and dogs." It's the third link listed in the first post. These two are fair game:

Alexandis Marbleslide:

Winter Nocturne:

Back