Drumagog Users.... impromptu testamonial!

Blue Bear Sound

Our very own Jason Walsh (Farview) has created a series of Rock Drums samples sets for the Drumagog plug-in and he did an outstanding job....

I bought it a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased to discover how well they were produced! I highly recommend them - especially the forthcoming Volume II set.

Good job, Jason!

Last edited:
There´s no demo on the webiste. That sucks. Could u post a demo or a song u recorded with it? Thanks!!!

Here's a sample clip:

First segment is the original snare track, second is the same track using Farview's samples, and the third segment is a clip of the song with the replaced snare track.

EDIT: The tracks came from GuitarHunny's "Different Kind of Mix Contest" that she posted recently, so I kind of assumed they were good candidates for samples, which may have been presumptious on my part.

Ruth, if you don't want this sample up, my apologies in advance and I'll take it down!

Last edited:
Thank you Blue Bear. For right now, you can get both of the CD's at www.drumagog.com along with Drumagog version 4. If you are a Drumagog user, you can download a bunch of stuff that I made for Drumagog and some samples from Rock Drums 1 and Rock Drums 2. I will have samples on my site in a week or two. I am waiting to get permission from some of the bands I work with. Oddly enough, some of them don't want anyone to know that the drum sounds weren't 'real'.

BTW If this post is inappropriate, I will take it down. Just let me know.

OS9: VST only
OSX: Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Logic, any RTAS, VST or AU host.
PC: any VST or RTAS Host including Pro Tools.

Blue Bear Sound said:
Here's a sample clip:

First segment is the original snare track, second is the same track using Farview's samples, and the third segment is a clip of the song with the replaced snare track.

EDIT: The tracks came from GuitarHunny's "Different Kind of Mix Contest" that she posted recently, so I kind of assumed they were good candidates for samples, which may have been presumptious on my part.

Ruth, if you don't want this sample up, my apologies in advance and I'll take it down!

Thanks for caring whether or not I mind. But no, I don't mind.

Mostly Hard rock, heavy metal, Indie Rock and poppier stuff. But I usually use Drummagog to make things sound bigger, and that specific sample sounded more funky, but less powerful. Maybe other samples in that kit would serve me better. It sounds really natural anyway!

Here are some examples of Rock Drums 1 and 2.

eduleal, there are 44 different snare gogs on RD2. Each of them having 4 different kinds of hits (center, off center, rimshot and sidestick) That is 176 different snare sounds. Some of them are stronger than others. There are 16 kicks and 60 toms. I record mostly metal and hard rock so I made sure that a good portion of these will work in that context.

Back