Drumagog as live drum module?

Vagodeoz

One-Man-Band
I have been using drumagog in the studio for ages, and it works great, but I wanted to use triggers for live gigs.
The "regular" way is to buy the pads and the sound module, but that's not cheap (costs about the same as my drum set).
So I was thinking about using my laptop to run the triggers.
With a very basic 2in/2out interface, I could connect the inserts of Bd and Sd, and connect them to the computer, each one to it's own channel, and using drumagog in those channels.
Has anyone tried this or has another way to use triggers with a laptop and software?
Thanks.

Your biggest problem will be latency.

If you already have triggers, you can get a sound module off of ebay for less than $100. You don't have to buy pads.

there will be a delay and it will get extremely annoying, trust me, you'd rather save up the money to get a trigger module.

I have the latest version of Drumagog and there is an option that says "Live (Low Latency)", so I guess that shouldn't be a problem, right?
Anyway if I do that, I would use both trigger and mic so I can mix both, and also I have a back-up in case drumagog fails.
So with the latency problem supposedly solved, there should be anything keeping me from using it, right? Except that it runs on windows :P

Back