drum solo... need some feedback pleaze!!!!

i also hear some mistakes and i think you should turn the bass drum down.... but you do have some cool fills in there

thnx... a metronome... that doesnt sound like a bad idea... and i think i am going to record another solo because i was so anxious to get it done that i did it in one take and i think it wouldve turned out better if i had practiced and got some sort of idea of what i wanted to do... thnx tho...

Noticed a couple instances where you came out of fills a little off beat. Consistancy between hits, especially on the kick drum, would be another area to work on. Also, I really didn't hear any fills that were all that original. Maybe try to incorporate some of those snare-snare-kick-kick patterns as they make you sound a lot faster, imo. Pretty good overall though, especially for a year and a half of playing.

I'd try to bring the snare out a little bit with some compression. I needs a bit more snap. And like previously mentioned, bring the kick down a hair...

Nice playing, it's far better than I could do. Work on the inconsistancies with your hits, and try to play along with a click or metronome, and it will be great.

Back