Drum set/allround mics

I personally have a AKG D112 for kick but I have heard the
beta 52 on the kick and it is certainly worth listening to, I think it has a lighter diaphram than the D112 and it's got a tight punchy sound. Shure has got a mic package that contains the beta 52 and 3 sm57's for like approx $300/350.00.I'm also pretty sure the beta 52 is around $175.00 versus $220.00 for the D112.Either way there both exceptional mics.

Blue Bear Bruce,

Are you really shure the Shure mics are made in the US?

My Rickenbacker and Fender basses are, because they were built in the 70's (would not play on anything else but US made instruments).

Today, it's just money that rules...and the stock market!!

Hans
www.hagen.nu

hrn said:
Blue Bear Bruce,

Are you really shure the Shure mics are made in the US?

My Rickenbacker and Fender basses are, because they were built in the 70's (would not play on anything else but US made instruments).

Today, it's just money that rules...and the stock market!!

Hans
www.hagen.nu
My SM58 is made in America, my 57 says made with American parts assembled in Mexico, my 57beta says made in America.

So it seems Vox is correct.......

Rode is an example of a mic made with parts from China but assembled in a western country to obtain the "made in..." stuff.

Let's forget about this matter. When the record button is on, the gear used should be lightyears away from the mind.

Sometimes I feel like a slave under brands, types, numbers.... forgetting about the music, which I really love...

I have to take care of that relationship more, otherwise I'll end up as a technical loony...without a relationship...

I guess I'm not alone thinking this way here...;-)

...Shure-san Alfa Beta 5758 Ultra Delta Super Master Digital 10100010 AIESPD-3001 ABC 4554 Bus Wow!!...

Hmm, but, it's good to know the gear before..???

Ü, Hans,
www.hagen.nu

Back