Drum Sequencing in Logic and other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel | Davis

Hello all, please excuse me for being naive. I did a quick search and couldn't find a question exactly like my predicament.

I'm relatively new to sequencing in general, and also just started using Addictive Drums. While just messing around I would simply just use the drum loops or sequence a MIDI file and then export to audio to save up some space on my humble 2GHz macbook. However, I think it's time to start using the multi-output feature so I can tweak a bit more!

1.) So I have my drums all sequenced nicely and fiddled with velocities until satisfaction and then I go into AD and click the down arrow on each track I want sent out. I go into Logic's mixer, create 10 Aux Tracks (8 mono - each drum; 2 stereo - Overhead and Room). All is well. However, I've become stumped right here. How would I create each Aux track into it's own audio file? I'm a bit confused here as the Aux track doesn't show up in the main arrange window as the Software Instrument track does, so I'm hesitant to simply choose "Export Track/Region as Audio."

2.) Also, and maybe I'm still ignorant to this, but I've noticed that all anytime I program drums in software instrument with Addictive Drums, for example, the levels go through the roof. I literally have to bring it down to like -40 before it even goes below 0.0. When I created the Aux Tracks for each drum now, it's even worse. Every single channel goes to clip at like +5.0 during playback. I have Pre-Fader Metering on if that makes any difference.

3.) Finally, and this one is extremely stupid ( :o ), but is there a way to make the Mixer/Piano Roll/Score (any of those tabs) it's own window, like in Reason? I just setup a basic dual monitor setup and would really like to sequence MIDI on a completely dedicated monitor versus using my mouse to adjust every five seconds!

Thank you so much in advance!

Edit: Solved #2 and #3 via the wonderful help from the Logic Pro Help forums. #2 - was taking off the Pre-Fader Metering and tweaking AD's internal mixer. #3 was just the "Window" tab (duh!). #1's still tricking me. I have each drum as an Aux track; right click -> Create Arrange File. Each track is visible in the Arrange window, however the Export Track as Audio File option is greyed out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back