drum samples

Check out these sites...
http://samples.start4all.com/
http://www.303net.com/index1.shtml

Or alternately go to
www.bigredh.com
And download the Hotline Client. Then find a server called Ontology...it's the best resource for free original samples I've ever seen. If you have trouble with getting/using/finding things with Hotline, or can't locate Ontology, let me know and I'll give you more specific instructions.

If you're just looking for a general assortment of tons of drum samples, I might be able to send you a CD with some good ones...let me know if you're interested.
Later,
Spoon

Thanks for the reply, what is this hotline ? Is it like a shareware thing? I'm fairly new to all this stuff. I do have a program like a drum machine that I can use wav samples on, I've found some pretty good samples, the last thing I recorded on was a four track so I am just blown away buy what you can do with digital recording but I'm pretty ignorant with this stuff so all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hotline is a shareware program that lets you connect to a server which anyone can set up on their computer using the free Server software. Once you are connected to the server, you can chat, download files, etc...etc...It's basically a trumped up Bulletin Board Service. Check out
ontology.com
for more information on the Samples server I reffered to earlier, and follow the links to the Hotline section of the webpage. There are also step by step instructions about how to connect to the server using Hotline.
The Server address for Ontology is:
For more info on Hotline generally, check out
www.bigredh.com

I'm not sure what program you are using currently as your drum machine, but if you don't have it you need to get Fruity Loops.
www.fruityloops.com
It's an amazing drum machine/software synth, which comes with a huge array of samples, and quite a few good drum sets. Plus, you can add Wav files to it for infinite customization. Check it out.

Spoon

So Hotline is similar to Mirc, that's where I got the drum, The drum machine is D-lusion DT-010. I will try try your suggestions,
thanks again

Back