Drum Recording

marknrox

Just got my new recorder and mics set up and recorded my drums over a Dave Weckl Play-Along CD. I'm using 4 mics; 2 O/H, Kick and Snare.
Any thoughts/comments on the sound?

Thanks

Last edited:
Is that like a drum Karaoke type thing, where you're playing drums over a recording where the drums were rmoved???

If that's the case and that's you playing drums, that's pretty good drumming. As far as the sound is concerned, the overheads have nice high's. The high hats and cymbals sound fine. The snare and kik, while they certainly don't sound bad by any means, lack a bit of highs...they don't seem to have the "sheen" that the cymblas do. But that's a pretty cool recording.

Thanks Rami. Yeah I guess it is sorta like drum karaoke. The CD was produced minus the drums :)

Man, I love the Ivory Tower, cool groove!

marknrox said:
Just got my new recorder and mics set up and recorded my drums over a Dave Weckl Play-Along CD. I'm using 4 mics; 2 O/H, Kick and Snare.
Any thoughts/comments on the sound?

Thanks

to my ear you need to give a boost to your drums...cymbals were at a good level and sounded good...however, it was hard for me to hear your drums (thought they were a bit low in volume)...but i'm a drummer, of course the drums are never loud enuff :D

Thanx alot, buddy....How do you play along to those tapes??? Is there a click track??? That's pretty awesome, playing along to a Dave Weckl track. Good job, man.

Back