Drum Recording Sound Card

masterofpuppets

Hey guys, new to the recording scene but I have been playing drums for many many years. I am just in the process of setting up a cheap recording studio in my house. Nothing fancy just enough to get stuff down and recorded for a demo. I need a card or interface than will do well with a mixer. I need at least 6 inputs, but not much more since I see how the price goes up after that. I will be going through a mixer so preamps wont be a problem (Probably the Yamaha MG16/4). I'm hopeing to record through 6 mics, I have 5 right now but I need one more overhead condencer. So, in your opinion, what interface or sound card will do good as well as be in a range of $200-$500. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Whats with all the fucked up inputs. Remember I'm new to this haha, are they RCA in's? Is that okay from a mixer? Like with the quality go down to RCA?

No ... there will be no distinguishable loss of quality by using unbalanced inputs. Just keep you cable lengths short to avoid introducing interference.

The delta 1010 is under $500. And it has balanced i/o and switchable -10/+4 operating levels. And it's rackmountable.

Oh and I forgot to mention. Screw rca connections.

Many Choices

I'm stacking two delta 44s with Cubase(8),soon another!
I have two Octavas for overheads and swear by them!

Back