Drum presets

Boy I did not think anyone used the QY10 anymore. Anyway I suggest one of the following: Boss DR550 or any of the Alesis drum modules(SR-16 D4, DM5, DM Pro).

If you get the D4, it has an AUX input. This may keep you from having to buy a mixer (if you don't have on already).

Hey AlUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu:

Before you buy, make sure you hear the Boss 770. I have the SR-16 and the 770 is much better. Not too difficult to learn; I've had three drum machines and have a general idea of programing but it's the pre-sets I go with most of the time; however, I often add drum licks to an empty track before I'm finished with the cut. I learned this from a very good keyboard/arranger/pro who is a long time friend.

It seemed like the drum-machine technology dropped out of sight after the Alesis SR-16; but, LO, the Boss [Roland] 770 came out just a few months ago and I like the chip in it but I like the sounds even more.

Lots of pre-sets plus variations plus all the other stuff a good drum deck has.

Green Hornet

I used to have a D4 and I remember it having a 1/4" stero line in for patching other euipment through the D4. I could have mistaken it for a Roland sound module that had that feature. I have gone through so much equipment over the years that things are starting to run together. Please correct me if I am wrong about the D4.

Back