Drum modules

jo blo

Anyone own a Dm-5 or DMpro? If so, what are your opinions of these units? I am thinking about using one or the other with an spd-6 drum pad.

Drum Modules

I have the D4 and love it. I have not run out of sounds with this module. I control it with the SR 16. I will soon be upgrading to one of the modules you mentioned.

Thanks for the reply, studio. I'm going to go with the dm5, I can't justify the dmpro at twice the price. Aso found a good deal on a yamaha 550 pad, stand and cables for 330 bucks. Any thoughts on this unit? BTW I did get an spd-6 and love it as a trigger for outboard sounds.

I have the DM-5......

......And I used it all the time. Here's a sample of the DM-5 at work. Go to www.mp3.comjohnny_geib and click on the song "Get Back Up"

I played a custom built pad set and used the DM-5 for all it's sounds.

I now have a Roland TD-10 and it has 8 seperate outs so I can set all the sounds through their own out puts to my 2480. SWEET!!!

Peace

Well......

I know for sure the DM-5 has 4. I think the DM Pro has 6 or 8.

I usually routed the Kick and Snare to 1 and 2 and everything else to 3 and 4.

This let me put effects on the kick (chanel 1) and the snare (chanel 2) then just a room ambience on the rest. Got a pretty good sound too.

Cool. What do you trigger your TD-10 with?
I am not satisfied with sequencers or drum machines, and I'm not quite accomplished enough in my opinion as a drummer on acoustic drums, so I am using an spd-6 pad, and I have ordered a Hart Dynamics 6-pad also. These I can play well enough to record, although I haven't found the cymbal sounds I want yet. Thus this thread. By the way, I can't get your mp3 to load, I tried all kinds of ways. I get the message "The publisher of this page does not respond to your request".

You Wrote:

------- Cool. What do you trigger your TD-10 with?
I am not satisfied with sequencers or drum machines, and I'm not quite accomplished enough in my opinion as a drummer on acoustic drums, so I am using an spd-6 pad, and I have ordered a Hart Dynamics 6-pad also. These I can play well enough to record, although I haven't found the cymbal sounds I want yet. Thus this thread. By the way, I can't get your mp3 to load, I tried all kinds of ways. I get the message "The publisher of this page does not respond to your request". -------

I now use a V-Drum kit I saved up forever for. I was not a drummer either when I built my first electronic kit but I learned pretty quickly once I got going. I still love the cymbols on the DM-5 and use them from time to time. Check in again at some point to get the song. I'm not sure it's available for download. I'll change that so you can hear it.

Johnny

Back