drum module question

discordJF

How is the Alesis dm5 compared to the d4. All I want to use the drum module for is to trigger a bass drum sounds for a recording situation. The sound I'm looking is a cross between Fear Factory and Pantera bass drum sound. If I can get the same bass drum sound out of either one, then I'd prefer to get the cheaper one. Thanks for the help.

go with the dm5. The d4 is just way too antiquated. The sounds on it are still good, but they're not DM5 good. Plust the price on the DM5 has dropped because Alesis is pushing the DMPro now.

Hey I have this same dilema too but theres somthing I learned about the DM Pro that makes me shoot for that one even if i have to save a little while longer. The pros got more pad ins for one and for another it has more outs enough that you can mix the kick, snare, stereo toms, stereo overheads (cymbals), and hihits all seperatly. Also you can intigrate drum samples with the pro which I use with an MPC2000 for some really cool sampling sounds. It might be out of your pricerange but try eBay

Back