Drum Mic Kits

Phlaw

Does anyone have any comments on any of the Drum Mic Package's.

I have been looking at some of the ones prices under $200 for 3-7 mics.

Nady, Shure, Samson etc....

Any info would be great.

Thanks

How good do you need it to sound? I used a Nady 7-piece when I started and it worked fine. The drums didn't sound quite as full as they do with my newer gear, though. You can get a decent 5-piece Peavey mic kit for little. Otherwise, I really like the Shure stuff. It's all I use. Some people really dig Sennheiser but, I don't know what they cost.

I want it to sound decent, I am hoping to spend less than $200. I saw a 7 piece Nady used only 1 or 2 times I can get for $150.

Thanks

For mainly gigging, theat would be fine, peavey makes a decent kit to for about 250 for live use. Now if you're doing mainly recording, that's a different story and i'd use a little different approach.

Phlaw said:
I want it to sound decent, I am hoping to spend less than $200. I saw a 7 piece Nady used only 1 or 2 times I can get for $150.

Thanks

I'm sure that kit will do fine for a while. Just be good with your mic placement and you'll get results.

Do an ebay search for superlux.
They are the best drum mics for under $200.
I have 2 sets of them. When I lend them out every one loves them.
I would go with a kit that has the PRA218b kick mic. (one of the best kicks mics I have used for live or studio)

timboz

Back