Drum Machines

triple-zero

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me give advice......... My band are looking to put some electronics in our music [singer has a new obsession with Radiohead!). I've decide to buy a drum machine (Boss DR-3 ????), but I'm not quite sure how they work? Can you just plug them into a monitor and go or do you have to put them through a computer or something. Also wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions of which drum machine to buy - looking for very un-acoustic drum sounds [there's no way that the machine is replacing me!!!]

thanks,

Tom.
www.nauseatinglove.tk

i use an ancient sequential circuits TOM machine. it plays cheesy handclaps and uses atari-like cartridges for extra sound banks. each instrument is tuneable with volume controls, and each drum can be played backward, which is exceedingly cool. it's got a "human element" function which throws little imperfections into everything but the timing. i'm guessing it'd be easy to fix, but i wouldn't know--thing's built like a dumptruck. i paid $75US, but i'd be willing to part with it for about eleventy thousand godzillion dollars...

the rolands this guy had for the same price probably sound more like drums, but this sounds like drums, and my drums sound even more like drums.

i only posted this because you mentioned a budget and radiohead. i suggest you get something old, cheap, and reliable, and place it in the hands of your band's resident FX ninja...

Back