Drum Machines and Zoom RT223

darrvid

Anyone have experience with the Zoom RT223 drum machine? I'm looking for a way to do drums for my DAW, and am on a limited budget. Under $200 for sure. I'm looking for something to learn on, and makes sounds that don't sound like crap. I'm guessing there's something out there for under $200 that can do this for me.

Also, is midi out an important feature (or even one that exists?)

Can you guys direct me to a site that explains all this gunk for someone that knows little/nothing about drum machines?

I hear stuff about fruity loops and such, is this software used with a midi controller?

I want to use it mostly for rock/blues stuff, but like to play around with other types as well. I'm not overly concerned with quality so much as learning how to use it, because for the finished tracks I'll be using my bandmates fantom x8.

He uses it purely as a keyboard/synth machine, and has no idea how to use midi etc. So, I'd like to get something that lets me learn midi and drum sounds, so learning how to use his fantom x8 isn't such a steep curve.

About the zoom. I listened to some samples on zzounds.com and thought it sounded decent (and the price was certainly right). I also like that it can do bass sounds. Keep this in mind if suggesting products.

Thanks!

You should check out the Korg ER-1. It has MIDI In/OUT and will def work with the Fantom X8. Check the specs below for more info. Also you can get them for cheap on ebay. It will really work good for your type of music

Demo:

Specs:
Sound Generation Method:
Analog modeling

Number of Parts:
10 (4 synthesizer parts, 2 audio in parts, 2 hi-hat parts, 1 crash cymbal part, 1 hand clap part)

Memory:
256 patterns, 16 songs

Effects:
Delay (normal, motion sequence, tempo delay)

Sequencer:
(Pattern) 64 steps maximum per part, motion sequence, 1 parameter per part, 64 events, (Song) 256 patterns maximum per song, event recording 35,700 events maximum

Input:
AUDIO IN (1/4" phone jack - mono x 2)

Maximum Input Level:
+7dBu (max)

Input Impedance:
47k-ohms

Output:
L/MONO, R, (phone jack - mono x 2), headphone (1/4" stereo phone jack)

Maximum Output Level:
+6dBu (max)

Output Impedance:
1k-ohm

Normal Level:
30mW +30mW @10-ohms

AD/DA Conversion:
18 bit linear

MIDI:
IN, OUT, THRU

Power Consumption:
8W

Power Supply:
DC 9V (AC adapter)

Accessories:
AC adapter (DC9V, 600mA)

Dimensions:
300(W) x 222.5(D) x 53.4(H)mm / 11.8"(W) x 8.8"(D) x 2.1"(H), (including rubber feet)

Weight:
1.25kg

Back