drum machine

Mikey

I checked out a couple of drum machines yesterday and found a Yamaha RY-10 has pretty decent sounds..its selling for around 200$ Canadian used. Anybody have this or something similar to it? Any comments?

It sounds reasonable....listen to the crash and ride cymbals....do they decay nicely and sound realistic? Or do they chop off abruptly? Does the unit have individual outs for the snare and kick? This is important, so you can add effects to certain drums, in a kit. Does it have a manual
(Programing can take some work)
Buy it!

Dom Franco

[This message has been edited by Dom Franco (edited 09-09-1999).]

Mikey:

I just got my third drum machine, a BOSS 770. It has great sounds and runs around 361.00 US dollars from Full Compass. [they had the best price out of several that I checked using those 800 numbers and the catalogs. You might even rent one for a couple of months to see if you like it. The manual is as usual; not really clear. However, using the patches is easy and they have a quick locate feature that puts you in the general area you want: blues, rock, latin, etc. I like the box. Because I've had two other drum boxes, running it isn't that difficult. Shop around but give the 770 a listen.

Green Hornet

Back