Drum machine Programing

taurus

Ok Im working on an online collaberation project with a few different guys. We have someone programing drums for us but he is really slow( Due to having a few of his own projects going so I understand) What is a good Computer Drum program that is easy and sounds good? I would like to start doing it myself to speed this process up but I have no knowledge of Midi so Im afraid that might pose a problem.

Its tough when we start throwing ideas around and want to change something with this guy because just getting the first drum sample can take weeks..........If there is anybody here that might be interested in helping with this process I would also love to hear what you can do.....style is a heavy driven melodic Metal/Rock type deal.........

Dude I dig your stuff......Send me an email address in PM and I will send you one of the songs and some samples of the stuff.....:)

HOOOOOOOOOOOPS :) Hoops is the guy doing some work with me allready.......Nice to see you here is well........Small world........Well really big world but ummmmm....smaller cuz of the net.....If you want to hear some insane shreding ask hoops to hear some of his guitar work.....Top notch guitar player......Great bass player and awesome drum programing ..........

okay. and I'm glad you two like my stuff.

I can't make any real commitments to help as I am pretty busy usually but I figure any help is better than none. so send your samples if you want to henrik [at] metalhq dot com and if I have some spare time I can try to work up some beats.

I have used ezdrummer also - the answer is: Yes and no, although you have the option of simply dragging and dropping beats from its library to form a song, it has its limitations.

Normally you must program a beat by hand with the midi roll, or hook up a hardware midi controller such as a drumkit or keyboard to play the beats.

Why does it seem like nobody can come up with a great sounding and easy to program drum program? Grrrrrr. I know midi is the answer but i really have no idea about anything to do with midi. I have a Zoom Hd16Cd recorder and the drum machine sounds so fake. I know there is a way to put drum samples on there but Im a guitarist not a computer programer :)

I suggested EZ Drummer because of the drag and drop feature. Also the humanize feature makes for a more convincing track. I also use FruityLoops. With really good samples.;)

So do you think it would be usable for a project like mine Jon? I mean it would save me alot of time and worry since I have songs piling up and when I end up trying to get what I have to work it is a total creativity killer.

I suggested EZ Drummer because of the drag and drop feature. Also the humanize feature makes for a more convincing track. I also use FruityLoops. With really good samples.;)

I use Fruity Loops too, but the samples it has (including the "realistic" drum kit) stinks. The only thing I really like are the symbals. The kicks all sound electronic, and the snares are just okay. But the toms are horrible. Oh my gosh.

I'm pretty good with programming Fruity Loops. Can you recommend certain samples to download, and how to I get them into the program?

Finally, can EZ Drummer work with Fruity Loops?

Oh, and Taurus, Fruity Loops is pretty easy, and it's only 99 bucks. You can learn it in a couple days (and it can be controlled by midi if you're interested in learning that).

I use my own samples I made. What style of music would you be looking for samples for IloveJesus? I don't think you can use Fruity with EZ Drummer.:)

Hi,

Id like to hear some of your recordings !

I´m using Flstudio with a good set of multi-velocity drumsamples (Battery Studio Drums from NI).
Fl Studio is easy to use. You can put all your samples into the Fpc plugin
and start beeing a drummer :-)

You must try out every single drumplugin, either its vst or standalone, to find the one you get the most desired results or which you find is the easiest to use!

Drumkit "rock"

dirk

Last edited:
That's very impressive material hoops, you sound like you'd get along fine in a band like Kamelot or Sonata Arctica. It's a shame that this stuff hasn't been developed properly with better sounding drums and a vocalist.

Back