Drum Looping

I'm not sure what problem you could be having with EZD. It is pretty straight forward.

From everything people are saying it doesn't actually sound any EZer than what I am already doing that's all.

From everything people are saying it doesn't actually sound any EZer than what I am already doing that's all.

Using the MIDI is much easier. Plus, you can get MIDI loops to help get you started. (When you look under MIDI grooves in EZ, select a category run through the different grooves, once you have it, left click that groove and drop it in the track for permanent part of the track), then you can create a MIDI loop or mix and match as required for the track

If drawing in the drum beats is not your thing, then get a drum pad and tap it in. I strongly suggest getting one that is velocity sensitive (how hard it is hit).

Between preset grooves (select in EZ and drag to the MIDI track), editing to make them unique and a drum pad (I often do a my own to add to the grooves and route back to the drum track) you should get pretty good drums tracks.

I think you might not be using EZ and MIDI in the best possible way. Maybe post some question and do some searching could really help you get more out of EZ than you are at the moment.

Using the MIDI is much easier. Plus, you can get MIDI loops to help get you started. (When you look under MIDI grooves in EZ, select a category run through the different grooves, once you have it, left click that groove and drop it in the track for permanent part of the track), then you can create a MIDI loop or mix and match as required for the track

If drawing in the drum beats is not your thing, then get a drum pad and tap it in. I strongly suggest getting one that is velocity sensitive (how hard it is hit).

Between preset grooves (select in EZ and drag to the MIDI track), editing to make them unique and a drum pad (I often do a my own to add to the grooves and route back to the drum track) you should get pretty good drums tracks.

I think you might not be using EZ and MIDI in the best possible way. Maybe post some question and do some searching could really help you get more out of EZ than you are at the moment.
Did you read the OP? Dude is manually inserting drum samples on the timeline, and apparently handling such thing as velocity variations and things somehow. It really isn't that far off from putting MIDI notes on a piano roll.

The big difference is that you can actually change out a particular drum sound (say, if you change your mind about what snare sound you want) with just a click or two, rather than having to manually replace every single hit.

Trying to work out how to post a link from the mobile phone soundcloud app while I'm in bed and I can't!
If you search soundcloud for Brother Number One there are three tracks, PD2015, Finally and Time for a Change. Which will give you an idea what I am up to. Hi hat is tiny as fuck in one of the parts of PD2015. Annoying me a lot.

Did you read the OP? Dude is manually inserting drum samples on the timeline, and apparently handling such thing as velocity variations and things somehow. It really isn't that far off from putting MIDI notes on a piano roll.

The big difference is that you can actually change out a particular drum sound (say, if you change your mind about what snare sound you want) with just a click or two, rather than having to manually replace every single hit.

Wait, I figured he was using loops.

OP, are you taking the samples from EZ and using them as your drum loops?

Nah, I have a disk full of drum samples and I am using them.
Bought a CD of single drum hits about 10 years ago

Back