Drum Kit Mircophones

triple-zero

.... I'm looking to hire a set of drum kit microhpones to record my bands new album with.. I have 8 tracks to work with (4 with phamtom power) and I was looking for some advice as to what to hire....

At the moment I'm probably looking to get:

Shure SM57 x3 (One for snare, One for each tom)
Audio Technica ATM33R x2 (for overheads)
AKG D112 (Kick drum)
AKG C3000 (for a "room" mic)

my gear:
a Pearl ELX 22"kick 13"snare 12"R.Tom 14"F.Tom.
13" Zild. A Custom Mastersound HHs, 21" Zild. K custom Special Dry Ride, 16" Sabian AAX studio crash, 18" Stagg DH crash, 14" Zild. ZXT trashformer.

any comments/suggestions would be great...

cheers:)

T0m.
www.nauseatinglove.tk

Are these going to be dedicated drum mics? If so I'd check out sennheiser e604s for toms. Someone also recommended some Oktava mk012s as well, but I haven't heard them. Shure beta 56 sound good, but are more money. Sennheiser md 421 are great, but even another step up in$$$.

Whoops- by hire do you mean rent or purchase? If you are renting, you can do way better than 57s.

I reccomended trying the Oktava's on toms. However, I never meant for someone to go out and buy them as their primary mics.

xstatic said:
I reccomended trying the Oktava's on toms. However, I never meant for someone to go out and buy them as their primary mics.

Thanks for keeping me honest. I was trying to suggest some mics, like the Oktavas and 421s, that would be useful on more than drums, but neglected to mention that. Gotta ease up on the coffee.........

Back