Drum brain with seperate outs?

signpainter

I am thinking about buying a set of triggers and triggering acoustic drums when the come into the studio. Is there a drum "brain" that has (decent samples) and seperate outs for all the different drums (like a seperate out for kick,snare,tom1,tom2,tom3 or trigger1,trigger2, etc)?
I have a DtXpress set, but it only does L/R outs.
Thanx,
V

Hey Bruce, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on the guitar sound I got on the song I posted on the "Fruity Loops any good" thread

To expand on Bruce's reply - the Roland TD10 has 8 seperate outs (assignable however you want). The next model down, which is the TD-8 has 4 seperate outs.

The TD10 is somewhere in the $1600-$1800 range and the TD 8 is around $900-$1000

The Alesis DM Pro (if you can find them are about $700 (I think) and they have 6 or 8 outs.

A low cost option would be a used Alesis D4 or D5 (which have 6 outs) You should be able to find these in the $200 range.

Keep in mind you can MIDI your DTExpress to another module and use both. This gives you more sound options and more outputs.

Scott Tansley said:
Hey Bruce, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on the guitar sound I got on the song I posted on the "Fruity Loops any good" thread
Not my favorite sound, but you captured it very well.... all parts are well-defined with no hint of mush.... you should refer that guy to your link for some tips on getting a heavy sound without it turning to mush!

Good work!

Bruce

I stand corrected on the D4/D5 I said 6 outs - I should have said 4 outs. (I've got an EMU with 6 outs - I got "confused")

These Alesis modules have a main stereo out and an aux stereo out (for a total of 4)

Signpainter - I don't know where you checked them out but you may want to clerify - cause I'm positive the D4 has 4 outs, and I'm almost positive the D5 has the same configuration.

Back