Drum and Bass fusion

chandlerhimself

I decided to write a song for my son and try something new at the same time. I tried my hand at Drum and Bass this time and this song has a more electronic feel. Any comments? It's only a minute and a half long, so if you don't like it, it will be over soon. Thanks.

Nice sound on the guitars. Not favorite tone, but it fit the mix well. Great playing.

the drums were a little busy.

I think you could turn up the bass a couple of dbs and get away with it. The low end could be just a little stronger.

Overall very nice.

Thanks for the replies. I knew this wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I wanted the drums to sound somewhat like square pusher, but a realize that's its abrasive and busy. Anyway I'll try turning up the bass a bit.

Guitar playing is sick. The quick snare hits sound overly electronic/robotic. Agree the bass could come up a little.

Thanks for the comments. I've increased the bass a little. Does this sound any better?

I made the snare purposely robotic, so I'm going to keep it.

Yeah, great playing. The High Hat is to far left for me. Sounds like it on an island and distracting from your great chops. Focus in the bass. Tune like this could use a more mid range type bass IMO. Super

Back